Thursday, October 12, 2006

The Loop Fall



Even smallest and most common of things have great powers vested in them. For example take this round rope thing in which today I badly got strangled and fell down freely nothing to support me and little blood came out of my elbow, wrist and knee region.

Later, as it was difficult to comprehend that such a trivial , static thing can cause a man (who
had just finished working biceps) to fall, I began looking into its mechanism. To my surprise I found that it is 90% likely that anyone who put his first step in the loop will fall and therefore my fall was not miraculous.

The mechanism works like this -- When one steps into the loop because of a critical height of the loop he tends to drag the later. Now while dragging the loop is lifted slightly into the air , as a result when the second foot comes following it also get stuck. Both foot stuck , you are left nowhere and fall like a tree sliced from the base.

It turned out that for this phenomenon to occur the diameter of the loop shoulb be atleast equal to ones step's length and the height( or thickness) of the loop should be atleast equal to the height of the front of ones shoe.

No comments: